Basketball Programs Sweeps at Wells


Alexa Henry

Men’s Basketball sitting on the bench

Men’s and women’s basketball programs defeated Wells College in Aurora, NY two weeks ago to continue their pushes for playoffs. The women continue to stay number one in conference while the men break a three way tie. 

The women’s team was able to hold Wells to only eight points for the entirety of the 40 minute match up. 

Macy Carroll had a career night with 16 points. While Ciani Redd-Howard added 11 of her own points. 

The Lady lions shot 40% from the field and ended at 69% from the free throw line.

The men’s game was nothing short of exciting. 

Starting the first half 1-4 from the field in the first four minutes, they struggled to gain any momentum offensively or defensively. 

Back and forth the teams went. Harrisburg was down three early however Zegary Scott III hit a three to make the game 11-11

Scott then hit a jumper which tied the game again at 13-13 however Terrance Clayton-Murphy  answered back with a three of his own. 

The two teams continued to exchange baskets and words. 

The refs had a disagreement about a call going late into the first half. One ref called an offensive foul on Nate Curry but after some discussion and no replay to rely on, the refs overturned the call and called a flop on Clayton-Murphy.

Lance Douglas quickly answered with a three after the confusion caused by the refs. However  Billy McCrae responded with and one. 

Douglas returned to action and it was nothing but the net for the second year student. In an exchange of three point plays the crowd was fired up at Wells. 

Clayton-Murphy drained basket after basket. He seemed almost unstoppable going into the second half. 

After some frustration expressed by players on Wells, the first half ended 44-40 Harrisburg. 

Going into the second half Jalen Feliz opened the scoring run for Wells. Soon after Isaiah Eggleston drew an and one on the opposite end of the court. 

Wells appeared to have ignited a fire within themselves as Ty McBride hit a three to tie the game up. It was 49-49 early on in the first half. 

Isaiah Milien turned a three point play into four points after drawing a foul. Momentum shifted in Harrisburg’s direction as they led by as many as ten points. 

The final score was 86-75.