The independent voice of the students of Penn State Harrisburg

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

Students Showcase Photos in “Seeing” Exhibit

Seeing+Photo+Exhibit+in+SEC+
Matthew Wynkoop
“Seeing” Photo Exhibit in SEC

Penn State Harrisburg students have a unique opportunity to showcase their photography work with the “Seeing” photo exhibit and the narrative project. The narrative project is a semester-long project that students work on in COMM 215 with Professor Yonatan Tewelde. At the end of the semester, the photos are showcased on an online forum. Text explaining their project is submitted to accompany the photos.

Dr. Yonatan Tewelde, Assistant Teaching Professor of Communications, explains more about the project.

‘These are photographs that they turn in for the narrative photography project, which is a two part photography series that they produce during the semester. And then the best works that are submitted for this for course are included in this online magazine,” Tewelde said.

The photos featured in this project are then printed out and posted as a part of the “Seeing” photo exhibit. The exhibit is located next to the Kulkarni Theatre in the hallway that leads down to the bookstore. It is updated every semester with a fresh batch of photos.

Dr. Tewelde goes more in depth about the “Seeing” exhibit.

“That is the exhibit which involves the actual printed photographs, and if you stop by the Kulkarni Theatre’s hallway, you’re going to see some of the photographs,” Tewelde said.

“Currently, we have an exhibit from the second volume of the narrative photography project which is going to be replaced very soon by this new latest edition of the narrative photography project,” he added.

Anyone interested in having their work featured in the “Seeing” exhibit or participating the narrative photography project should contact Dr. Tewelde at [email protected].

One of the photos featured in the exhibit
Narrative Photography Project Sign Prepared by COMM215 (Matthew Wynkoop)