The independent voice of the students of Penn State Harrisburg

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

Students Have Fun At PAC Bingo

Xu Sun
Students Enjoying a Round of Bingo

PAC bingo provides students with an opportunity to have fun with friends while also escaping the stress of school work every Thursday night. 

Even though the event is only a short hour and a half long, it leaves a lasting impression on many as it creates an enjoyable environment. Participants had access to free snacks. Everyone got three bingo cards, and the host randomly picked numbers to read out. When a line of numbers is read out on your bingo card you get to yell “Bingo!” to let everyone know that you have collected an array of cards. When the host started to randomly select and read out the numbers, the whole venue was filled with tension and anticipation. Whenever someone yelled “Bingo,” everyone around them applauded and cheered, celebrating their victory. It was a very interesting event and there were a lot of people waiting before the event started. After the event started, the bingo cards were distributed very quickly which highlights PAC bingo’s popularity.

One of the students in attendance, Jeffery, described how the event exhibited an engaging atmosphere, and that he liked the randomness of Bingo. 

An international student, Zimo, mentioned how he was trying bingo for the first time. 

“This event is a new experience for me,” Zimo said. “I haven’t been exposed to this kind of game in China, although I didn’t win the event at the end of the day, but by participating in PAC Bingo, I was able to experience the local fun and I will come back next week to try this game and try to make some local friends,” he added. 

PAC bingo is held every Thursday at the Stacks stage in the Olmsted Building. Not only did the event provide free snacks and Bingo games to entertain local students, it also successfully bridged the gap between international students from different backgrounds and helped them better integrate into the local community.

Students interested in participating in PAC bingo should be sure to attend the free event on Thursdays.

Students Learn the Rules of Bingo
PSH Students Gather to Play Bingo
Students Enjoy A Round of Bingo