The independent voice of the students of Penn State Harrisburg

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

Dodgeball Scatters at Finals

Daniel Barlet
PSH IM Dodgeball Champions Balls Deep

Intramural dodgeball players threw themselves into action in a one-night only match held on November 29. 

The match began with a total of thirteen teams. The teams were Balls Deep, Dodge these Balls, Ninja Turtles, The Untouchaballs, The Blue Balls, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Aim for the fat kid, No Staff Left Behind, Standin on Bidness, JFDT, Deathwish, Squeeze My balls and Dirty Ducks. 

The first set of matches consisted of Balls Deep v. Dirty Ducks and Dodge these Balls v. Deathwish. Balls Deep and Dodge these Balls advanced to the second round. The next matches included The Blue Balls v. No Staff Left Behind and The Untouchaballs v. Standin on Bidness. The Blue Balls and Standin on Bidness made it into the second round. In the following set Alvin and the Chipmunks competed against Aim for the fat kid while Ninja Turtles went up against JFDT. Aim for that fat kid and Ninja Turtles advanced to the next round. 

In the playoff round, Standin on Bidness battled against Dodge these Balls. Standin on Bidness secured the win. The following matches were Balls Deep v. Aim for the fat kid and Ninja Turtles v. The Blue Balls. Balls Deep and The Blue Balls advanced. In the semifinals it was The Blue Balls v. Standin on Bidness, and The Blue Balls secured the win. 

It was then onto the championship round. The final two teams remaining were Balls Deep and The Blue Balls. Balls Deep won the match making them the winners of the intramural dodgeball season. 

Balls Deep captain Conner Breitenbach was excited about the team’s victory.

“The win feels great. I’m an ex-baseball player myself. I got three more ex-pitchers on the team on top of that,” Breitenbach said. 

“We had some lifts beforehand…It was a hard fought match down 2-1 in the semis and [we] came back and it was a breeze in the final game. It feels great to come all together and get that win,” he added. 

As dodgeball concluded, so did the fall 2023 intramural season. The winter season for intramurals at Penn State Harrisburg begins January 10 with table tennis up first. Registration for table tennis and other intramural sports for the winter season are now open. Students can register by going to imleagues.com. Registration closes January 8.