The independent voice of the students of Penn State Harrisburg

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

Water Volleyball Ties

Intramural+Water+Volleyball+Co-Champions+
Colby Blakeman
Intramural Water Volleyball Co-Champions

Intramurals returned for the spring 2024 semester as water volleyball rang in the new year with a splash.

Water volleyball was a one-night only game between just two teams Waterlogged v. Penguins. The teams played a best of three series. In the first two games the teams played to 25 points. In the first match Waterlogged scored 25 points while Penguins scored 25 points in the second match. Instead of breaking the tie, the teams decided to finish the game at 13 points a piece.

Team captains Amaz Malik and Nicholas Lapus were excited about the outcome at the match and are hopeful about Water Volleyball’s future on campus. 

“It was actually a really fun event, it was a shame that not a lot of people came out… We played three games, it ended up being a tie but we just had a fun time and it was a great night. Malik said.

“I really do hope for upcoming seasons a lot more teams come and it can go back to a league long experience.” he added. 

“We really had a lot of fun. Me and my team we were just having fun out there and didn’t care. We look forward to next year. Lapus explained. 

As water volleyball ends it’s brief season, table tennis and badminton are on deck as their seasons are about to kick off. Anyone who is interested in joining an intramural team should contact Daniel Barlet at [email protected] or register through the IMLeagues app.