The independent voice of the students of Penn State Harrisburg

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

Find Your Potential

College is known to be the most uncertain and confusing time of a student’s life. There are so many directions to go, so many activities to join, so many jobs to apply for, and so many tests and quizzes. It can feel overwhelming and impossible to know what the future may hold.

Penn State Harrisburg is offering a Zoom call about how to reach out to professors and be able to find potential mentors. This event is happening on Wednesday, February 21st, at 6 pm. 

This event is an open discussion for all Penn State students to learn from ambassadors and their journeys and find the right mentors and guidance. It is to help grow and encourage college students to connect and network with mentors to help them build strategies and improve communication skills. 

A research ambassador for the Undergraduate Research and Fellowships Mentoring office at University Park, Mane Khachatryan, described the importance of how this will be helpful and benefit many students on campus. 

“This would be useful for those interested in Undergraduate research, especially those on the pre-med track or those planning to go to graduate school,” Khachatryan shared.  

This session will teach students how to write emails that will stand out. They will be able to learn and receive information on connecting and growing strong relationships with their mentors. They will be educated on how it will positively impact their network and academic skills. 

Unfortunately, there is no specific office where students can go on campus with questions. The Undergraduate Research and Fellowships Mentoring Office’s location is at University Park. Students can email their office at [email protected] anytime with questions or concerns.

Make sure to visit the URFM website:  https://urfm.psu.edu/events/how-reach-out-professors-and-find-your-potential-mentors 

for more information on how to sign up and to be on the lookout for upcoming events.