The independent voice of the students of Penn State Harrisburg

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

Beading Bracelets with Love

Friendship bracelet making is known to be very time-consuming and tedious. It is designed and crafted out of love. It naturally holds more appreciation and gratitude from your friend who makes it for you.

The Latino Dance Club shared their love for students at Penn State Harrisburg. They held a Valentine’s Day friendship bracelet-making in the Morrison Gallery on February 15th. It was from 6-9 pm. All current college students were welcome to stop by.

The President of the Latino club, Maria Hernandez, shares her story of why they wanted to spread their love.

“We wanted to do an event like this to encourage people to get out there and meet other students. We wanted a space where they could make memories with their friends and also get to know new people! Valentines can be a very isolating holiday for some people and we wanted to get together and share it while making cute friendship bracelets,” shared Hernandez.

They had a crowded room of students designing and crafting a loving, friendship bracelet. Students from all around came for a relaxing time to cherish moments with their friends and to celebrate Valentine’s Day.

One of the students, SayoVer, shared why she showed up to the event to make friendship bracelets.

“Making bracelets for my friends and family. What a wholesome way of celebrating love by making personalized bracelets that they can wear,” expresses SayoVer.

There was a variety of bracelet making. There was an offering of all different kinds of beads, jewels, and bracelet strings. All of the jewelry ranged in different colors, shapes, and styles. They wanted everyone to remember that Valentine’s Day is a day of love. It’s the love between relationships in friends, a significant other, and even the love for yourself.

These bracelets were not only for friendships that attended with each other. They were also encouraged to share with the love of friends and even roommates. One student, Meenal Roy tells us who she is making her bracelets for.

“I am making bracelets for my roommates. They are the best people and wanted to gift them a small token of appreciation,” shares Meenal Roy.

The Latino Club is always welcoming new students to love. Stay in touch on the Corq app to track when their events and activities are on campus.