The independent voice of the students of Penn State Harrisburg

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

The Blue & White Journal

PSH Pulls an All-Nighter

Students+Battle+it+Out+
Matthew Wynkoop
Students Battle it Out

Penn State Harrisburg’s Lion Ambassadors brought the student body together by hosting its annual All-Nighter event on Friday, January 26, at 8 pm until Saturday, January 27, at 2 am. The main purpose of the event was to raise money for THON, which focuses on ending childhood cancer. The All-Nighter was held in the Capitol Union Building Events Room 210 and in the gymnasium. The theme for this semester’s all-nighter was Sweet Dreams. 

In the Events Room, attendees could enjoy pizza, popcorn, cotton candy, and bottled water. There were several games as well that attendees could play. These games were carnival themed games, such as ring toss and other tossing games. There was also a DJ present to play catchy tunes for everyone to enjoy while playing the games. 

At 10 pm, the gymnasium opened up with several inflatables. These included an obstacle course, laser tag, and a mechanical pig. There was also a battle game where two participants tried to knock the other on the ground. All of these games proved to be the most popular of the night. To top it off, the Nittany Lion even joined in on the fun. 

Camden Rickman, a member of the Lion Ambassadors, explained why the group wanted to hold this annual event. 

“The reason we’re doing this event is [because] it is all going toward THON. All the money that we’re making for it is going to go towards THON,” Rickman said. 

“We also wanted all the students to have a fun time on campus, be able to spend the night,” he added. 

Rickman also described what he hoped students got out of the event.

“To have fun,” Rickman said. 

“Really we’re just here to kind of gather the community together, play some games, and make some money for charity,” he continued. 

The Lion Ambassadors will continue its tradition of holding the all-nighter next spring. Students should keep an eye out for more information on a date and time for next year’s event.

Nittany Lion Takes a Turn on the Mechanical Pig (Matthew Wynkoop)
Students Have Fun at the All-Nighter (Matthew Wynkoop)